Kennebec County Registry of Deeds
Assures accurate financial records by calculating all monies taken in and reporting the same to Treasurer’s Office. Bills all law offices for charges incurred during the month.
- Be committed to the mission of the County.
- Work as a member of a team in the performance of duties.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Work in harmonious relationships with all county staff and community.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license.
- To understand and work within Kennebec County Government Policies and Procedures.
- To work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff depending on the issue addressed.
- To accept shared responsibility with other team members to successfully accomplish goal of each team, which he or she is a member.
- To assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Maintain confidence and protect County by keeping information concerning clients and County Operations confidential.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Assures proper documentation of financial activity by maintaining records of all monies taken in.
- 2. Ensures collection of all monies due by sending monthly bills to law offices using the departments services.
- 3. Ensures accuracy of monies received by checking the accuracy of the recording clerks for monies due for real estate transfer tax and recording fees.
- 4. Assists customers by helping out at the counter as needed.
- 5. Assures accurate records by keeping records of town transfers and payments.
- 6. Assists customers by handling phone inquires regarding charge accounts.
- 7. Assists department staff by receiving plans for recording.
- 8. Provides accurate records by entering document book and page numbers on instruments.
- 9. Helps other staff members by assisting with the cashing up procedures at the end of each day.
- 10. Assures proper processing of daily mail by opening all incoming mail.
- 11. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- 12. Providing information by answering questions and requests.
- 13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying applicable federal, state, county and local laws and ordinances; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; practicing skills; participating in professional societies.
- 14. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 15. Demonstrates an understanding of the county’s safety policies and practices by attending required safety programs; reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- 16. Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in training; participating on county task forces and performing other responsibilities as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger a standard computer keyboard, use computer, telephone, adding machine, copier, fax and printer.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work area is usually quiet office conditions.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED FOR POSITION **:
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and attorneys
- Two (2) or more years responsible office experience.
- Experience in bookkeeping and handling cash.
Register of Deeds
Equal Opportunity Employer