Kennebec County Registry of Deeds
Assists the department by providing technical and clerical support for various functions of the Registry of Deeds.
- Be committed to the mission of the County.
- Work as a member of a team in the performance of duties.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Work in harmonious relationships with all county staff and community.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license.
- To understand and work within Kennebec County Government Policies and Procedures.
- To work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff depending on the issue addressed.
- To accept shared responsibility with other team members to successfully accomplish goal of each team, which he or she is a member.
- To assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Maintain confidence and protect County by keeping information concerning clients and County Operations confidential.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Assists the registry by verifying documents and examining indexing to verify correct entries.
- 2. Maintains accurate records by scanning and indexing documents daily.
- 3. Assists department staff by waiting on customers, providing basic information about regarding the recording of deeds and registry functions, receiving, recording payments and providing receipts, inputting daily recordings for current public knowledge.
- 6. Assists the department by burning real estate transfers to CD’s, county record and send transfers monthly to each municipality and billing.
- 7. Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- 8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 9. Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and establishing personal networks.
- 10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 11. Demonstrates an understanding of the county’s safety policies and practices by attending required safety programs and reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- 12. Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in training, participating and/or on county task forces.
- 13. Maintains accurate records using the E-filing system.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands to finger a standard computer keyboard, use a computer, mouse, typewriter, printer, copier, adding machine, and telephone.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to go up and down stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED FOR POSITION **:
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and attorneys
- High degree of accuracy in word processing and computing skills
- • Minimum of three (3) years- experience in an office setting.
Deputy Register of deeds
Register of Deeds
Equal Opportunity Employer