Kennebec County District Attorney's Office
Domestic Violence Investigator
The Domestic Violence Investigator works under the District Attorney and is responsible for all investigations requested by the District Attorney or the Assistant District Attorney on Domestic Violence Cases.
- Be committed to the mission of the County.
- Work as a member of a team in the performance of duties.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Work in harmonious relationships with all county staff and community.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license.
- To understand and work within Kennebec County Policies and Procedures.
- To work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff depending on the issue addressed.
- To accept shared responsibility with other team members to successfully accomplish goal of each team, which he or she is a member.
- To assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Maintain confidence and protect County by keeping information concerning clients and County Operations confidential.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing all domestic violence cases received by the District Attorney’s Office.
- Responsible for doing all necessary follow-ups and speaking to the officer involved to see what follow-up is being done.
- Responsible for doing bail checks or surveillance on people for suspected bail violations.
- Responsible for writing affidavits to request Arrest Warrants and Search Warrants.
- Responsible for coordinating investigations that are multi-jurisdictional.
- Responsible for investigating cases assigned to him/her by the District Attorney.
- Responsible for keeping track of domestic violence cases through the judicial process.
- Responsible for interviewing victim, witnesses, defendants, photographing and collective evidence at the scene.
- Responsible for any and all other investigations requested by the District Attorney or Assistant District Attorneys on Domestic Violence cases.
- Responsible for entering information in the computer and typing reports on cases investigated.
- Responsible for arresting defendants for violations if necessary.
- Responsible for working with Community Outreach Programs and close interaction with groups such as the Family Violence Project and Rape Crisis.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Must have a high school diploma, plus experience in law enforcement, or any equivalent combination of training and experience; must be a graduate of the Criminal Justice Academy; must be very knowledgeable with court procedures and investigations techniques, must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; must be able to work in a fast-paced, highly stressful office with minimum supervision; must have a high degree of independence, be self-motivated and have the ability to work well independently; and must be able to deal effectively and pleasantly with a diverse public.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions on this job. Must be physically suited to deal with and subdue arrested persons and physically capable of performing functions and activities of a Domestic Violence Investigator.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
All applications must be submitted by November 28, 2022 by 4:00pm.
If you are selected, Human Resources will contact you to set up an interview. You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- A copy of high school diploma or G.E.D.
- A copy of college degree (if applicable)
- A copy of military discharge DD Form 214 – Long Form (if applicable)
You will also need to know your Social Security Number.
Equal Opportunity Employer