American Rescue Plan Act
Kennebec County would like to thank all ARPA applicants for their submissions. The County received over $48M in requests for $23M in funding. We apologize that we could not fund all requests which made the decision process difficult.
Please understand that the County’s decision does not reflect the value of the project, but rather the need to be selective in light of the Final Treasury Rule requirements and limited resources.
We sincerely thank you all for taking the time to apply. In the event there are any opportunities for future funding, your information will be kept on file.
Funds do not have to be obligated until December 31, 2024, and unexpended funds are not subject to recapture or return until December 31, 2026.
Treasury is launching this much-needed relief to:
- Support urgent COVID-19 response efforts to continue to decrease spread of the virus and bring the pandemic under control
- Replace lost revenue for eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to strengthen support for vital public services and help retain jobs
- Support immediate economic stabilization for households and businesses
- Address systemic public health and economic challenges that have contributed to the inequal impact of the pandemic
- These four uses are split into 7 summary expenditure categories:
- Public Health
- Negative Economic Impacts
- Services to Disproportionately Impacted Communities
- Premium Pay
- Revenue Replacement
Reporting is a big component of this grant; sub-recipients will need to provide quarterly reporting on their progress in the use of funds received.